Shah Alam, Selangor
Our client is the largest K-12 education group.
- End-to end execution of the entire HR life cycle & its processes
- Facilitation of resolutions of staff issues with supervisors within legal parameters.
- Manage disciplinary records and Employee Relations issues with supervisors in consultation with MECA & COE.
- Visit centres as and when required for engagement sessions, events and disciplinary issues to ensure staff discipline and grievances process are adhered and resolved timely.
- Conduct new employee orientation, induction and training programs.
- Stakeholder Management & develop business acumen
- Partner with the SBU to drive the business, by optimizing performance through people.
- Manage and act as head of one HR functional competency area (Industrial Relations)
- Interact effectively with hiring managers, stakeholders, create awareness of HR practices, service & compliance to influence stakeholders
- Have a mix of strategic, tactical & operational thinking
- Good turnaround time in recruitment & selection
- On-boarding, off-boarding & conduct induction within the first week of the new staff's start date
- Manage staff movements & trigger confirmation of staff
- Update Trackers (Staff movements - resignation, recruitment, transfers, confirmation)
- Goal Setting – monitor KPI submissions, review quality of KPI and competencies.
- Performance Management and performance calibration with SBU
- Execute Learning & Development programs in consultation with COE of L&D
- Lead Talent Review with SBU leaders in consultation with COE of Talent Management
- Monitor career progression for each staff in the SBU in partnership with the SBU leaders – ensure Managers are coached to lead dialogues with direct reports
- Ensure Coaching is done by Managers with direct reports
- Advise on performance of employees including PIP execution
- Prepare, review reports & letters
- Manage performance & coach team members/direct reports(if any)
- Develop peers, team members and direct reports with Knowledge Transfer sessions
- Employee engagement on new initiatives, e.g. Employee Handbook, insurance benefits in consultation with COE of C&B
- Action planning from Employee Engagement survey and ensuring implementation for the SBU (in partnership with Engagement COE)
- Manage overall HR Operations as the Senior HR Partner of the SBU or RK Zone/REAL Schools
- Review payroll reports and ensure on-time payment with zero errors
- Ensure Compliance of HR policies is maintained to review and strengthen internal controls while balancing the needs of the business.
- Minimum Degree in Human Resource, Business or equivalent.
- Demonstrate Leadership Competencies and A.C.A.C.I.A (Agility, Customer Centrism, Agency, Collaboration, Intelligence, Audacity) & W.A.D.I (Well-being, Academic Quality, Dignity, Integrity) values
- More than 6 years of experience the full range of HR work streams with at least 5 years of specialist Industrial relations expertise in a complex environment where they have worked across multiple audiences.
- Digitally savvy, being able to harness the digital environment to effectively engage with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Dependable, responsible, meticulous, detailed and able to work with minimum supervision
- Patient and thoughtful mentor to junior staff with a collaborate style, inspiring best practice.
- Ability to overcome difficult obstacles, changes, resistance, unanticipated problems, resource shortages, changing business requirements, and external and internal events that could adversely impact completion of required deliverables
- Strong HR functional competencies with commercial awareness, excellent social and presentation skills.
- A good level of written and spoken English.
- Ability to adopt a flexible approach to working; willingness to work flexibly as and when the job requires.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, excellent project management skills and working to tight deadlines.
- Creative, enthusiastic, organized and resourceful.
- International exposure is an added advantage.